Website Aflatoun International
Resource mobilization and Communications Manager (40 hours)
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organization, which offers social, financial & entrepreneurship education to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula for different age groups, which are contextualized to local needs and circumstances, and are implemented by over 300 partner organizations in 101 countries. Aflatoun’s programs inspire children to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities through active learning and problem solving. They learn how to save, how to budget, and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their communities.
You have a dedicated, flexible, and enthusiastic mindset with which you carry out your responsibilities for:
- Leading the strategic development of a comprehensive fundraising strategy;
- Managing a team of fundraisers in activities such as market research, strategy development, proposal development, and relationship management.
- Identifying potential new donors and funding opportunities;
- Engaging and building networks with potential and current donor organizations, governments, Civil Society Organizations, Social Development Agencies, and the private sector and, subsequently;
- Drafting proposals and lobby for resource mobilization.
- Leading the development of a clear communication strategy and associated work plan to; get CSFE into the public domain; strengthen political will in support of Aflatoun’s mission and objectives, and; enhance the organization’s credibility and brand;
- Ensuring and enhancing the quality and consistency of communication materials, and communication processes;
- Ensuring rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media, partners, and other relevant audiences;
- Maintaining regular contact and close collaboration with the media to communicate the story of the Aflatoun network;
- Ensuring regular communication and coordination within the Aflatoun Network.
Non-technical responsibilities as Aflatoun staff
- Positively contribute to team discussions and the effective running of the organisation;
- Cross-departmental collaboration, and compliance with organisational policies and procedures including submitting monthly timesheets;
- A willingness to perform other duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise, as required in non-routine circumstances as well as helping deliver Aflatoun events such as the International Conferences and staff retreats.
Besides a self-driven mentality with a high sense of creativity, quality, accuracy, efficiency and able to meeting tight deadlines, you also have:
- An Advanced University Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in both Communications and Fundraising;
- Excellent communicative and social skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work in a multi-cultural team;
- Understanding of Social Media tools;
- Fluency in oral and written English (knowledge of additional languages such as French, Arabic or Spanish is an advantage);
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, to represent the organization to various stakeholders during meetings and conferences;
- A working permit that allows you to work in the European Union.
- A full-time position within a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment;
- An indicative gross monthly salary range of € 4.245 and €5.311 (the salary level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background) and a holiday allowance;
- Contributions to pension, health insurance, and national insurance included in the proposed salary scale.
Due to the nature of Aflatoun’s work with children around the world, specific attention is drawn towards Aflatoun’s Child Protection Policy and its Policy on the Protection of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). These two policies are required to be signed by new employees and forms part of the employment documents related to the employment contract. The applicant commits to zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse.
Apply for the job
HVFC is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume (including salary expectations and three references) in English via this platform. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on a rolling basis.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit hvfc-international.homerun.co.