Website Aflatoun International
Resource Mobilization Manager
Are you a dedicated and enthusiastic Resource Mobilization Manager that thrives in a multi-cultural and international organization? Then Aflatoun International is looking for you!
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organization, which offers social, financial & entrepreneurship education to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula for different age groups, which are contextualized to local needs and circumstances, and are implemented by over 300 partner organizations in 101 countries. Aflatoun’s programs inspire children to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities through active learning and problem solving. They learn how to save, how to budget, and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their communities.
By using a social franchise model, Aflatoun transfers curricular content, monitoring and evaluation tools, and training capacity to partner organisations, helping them enhance their existing expertise and create an efficient learning ecosystem. Aflatoun’s programmes follow an active-learning, participant- centered methodology, which combines social and financial education (SFE) through engaging participants, educators, government institutions and civil society organisation.
Effectively lead, manage, coordinate and monitor all fundraising activities of the organization in order to enable and ensure smooth functioning and increase funding for our objectives. The manager is expected to identify strategic partnerships, implement the fundraising strategy and contribute to the achievement of the 3rd strategic initiative. The manager is expected to represent Aflatoun in key events inside and outside of the Netherlands.
To strategically manage all fundraising activities, including:
- Lead the development of a comprehensive fundraising strategy
- Identify potential new donors and funding opportunities
- Raise funds for Aflatoun International by engaging relevant private & institutional stakeholders in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Maintain communication and build networks with potential and current donor organizations
- Represent Aflatoun at a high level of Government, Donors, Civil Society Organizations, Social development agencies and private sector and lobby for resource mobilization in an effective manner.
- Manage and coordinate a team of fundraisers in activities such as market research, strategy development, proposal development and donor reporting.
- Coordinate with different departments at Aflatoun and external actors to develop proposals for specific donors.
- Ensure the management of the fundraising team
- Provide guidance and support
- Ensure that policies and procedures are applied
- Ensure that the action plan and budget are on track
Non-technical responsibilities as Aflatoun staff
- Positively contribute to team discussions and the effective running of the organisation;
- Cross-departmental collaboration, compliance with organisational policies and procedures including submitting monthly timesheets;
- Promote Aflatoun’s work on social media;
- Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise, as required in non-routine circumstances;
- Be willing to adapt to different tasks and different cross-organisational tasks, this includes but is not limited to helping deliver Aflatoun events such as the International Conferences and staff retreats.
- Advanced University Degree in social sciences or other relevant disciplines
- At least three years of experience in grant management from a range of private and institutional donors
- Fluency in written English, with the ability to adapt the style of writing to a range of different communications
- Knowledge and experience in project and grant management (preferably in the international development/education sector) and meeting key deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrable numeracy and analytical skills and the ability to interpret information from a financial budget
- Excellent analytic, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, including use of Proficient in MS Office and databases.
- Understanding and willingness to conduct work and demonstrate behaviors in line with Aflatoun International’s values and policies.
- Excellent communicative and social skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team with motivated, multicultural co-workers.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work in a team characterized by diverse cultural backgrounds
- Self-driven with a high sense of creativity, quality, accuracy, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines
- Fluency in oral and written English; knowledge of additional languages such as French, Arabic or Spanish is an advantage
- Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to present the organization to various stakeholders during meetings and conferences
- Creative and proactive attitude and willingness to preserver to get results.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
A valid work permit and/or European passport is required in order to be considered for the position.
The position is for a full time. We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross monthly salary range of € 4245 and € 5311 per month (inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance, and national insurance contributions) – the salary level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background.
Due to the nature of Aflatoun’s work with children around the world, specific attention is drawn towards Aflatoun’s Child Protection Policy and its Policy on the Protection of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). These two policies are required to be signed by new employees and forms part of the employment documents related to the employment contract. The applicant commits to zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse. An additional written test may be required.
Management may appoint at a lower step based on the candidate’s skills and experiences against the position’s requirements
Apply for the job
HVFC is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume (including salary expectations and three references) in English via this email. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on a rolling basis.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org