WDCD is embarking on an ambitious campaign to expand its impact on design and contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The role of the Corporate Fundraising Manager, which is a new position, is key to this exciting initiative. The right candidate will be able to start – and steer – successful initiatives and enjoys working at a creative organisation.
The Corporate Fundraiser leads WDCD’s work to increase philanthropic engagement with a focus on the business world. This position sets development strategy, designs and implements action plans, and mutually beneficial programmes. The Corporate Fundraiser has the drive to accomplish goals, actively reaches out to corporations and/or their foundations, uses their flair to build lasting relationships that translate into funding agreements, and complies with the donors reporting requirements.
WDCD sees partnership building and corporate fundraising as a team effort. The Corporate Fundraiser will collaborate closely with, and report to, the Director of Global Development who is primarily responsible for increasing our institutional fundraising, and with the CEO and other key members of the What Design Can Do team. You will be part of the Development Team and responsible for the corporate development and fundraising activities that support the execution of WDCD’s impact-driven programmes.
As Corporate Fundraiser you are a key player in expanding WDCD’s development ambition. As such, you will:
- Identify design-affiliated corporate leads and generate prospects that result into mutually beneficial multi-year corporate partnerships;
- Manage existing partnerships;
- Build a pipeline of medium- and long-term mission-driven, strategic corporate partnerships;
- Achieve year-on growth of corporate partnerships against established targets;
- Develop compelling pitches and partnership propositions;
- Prepare -and participate in- events and meetings to attract and build partnerships;
- Collaborate with the WDCD team as needed to develop and manage compelling corporate partnership proposals;
- Travel regularly to engage with partners and/or visit events in various parts of the world.