Donor Engagement Manager Dutch Donors
Are you a seasoned professional with proven knowledge of the Dutch donor landscape? Do you excel at building and nurturing relationships that translate into funding agreements? Do you wish to end poverty and injustice? Then the Unit Partnerships and Programs (P&P) of Oxfam Novib is looking for you!
Oxfam Novib is committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. We have a conviction that people are capable of building livelihoods without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Therefore, we support local projects and programs in developing countries, we lobby governments and companies to consider the interests of the poorest and most marginalized people and we campaign to involve women and men in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development issues.
As Donor Engagement Manager (DEM) Dutch Donors, you operate together with internal and external stakeholders and are considered specialist on Dutch Government, RVO and related government funding mechanisms. The position reports directly to the Manager of the P&P Unit. The Unit is part of the Programs Department.
To support the organization in maintaining and increasing its work Oxfam Novib sets ambitious growth targets on income. The P&P Unit in The Hague is a team of dedicated institutional funding experts that are supporting the organization in reaching its ambitions through effective engagement and partnership building with its institutional donors.
As DEM Dutch Donors, you are responsible for optimizing institutional donor funding. You develop and strengthen strategic partnerships with key donor accounts, actively collect and share donor intelligence with program units and country offices, facilitate networking and strategic donor engagement to pre-position for funding opportunities, and provide support during proposal development to ensure qualitative proposals. As such, you:
- (Pro)actively identify and influence funding opportunities with institutional donors for our programs;
- Build up and maintain lasting relationships with existing and identified donors and other related potential partners including other Oxfam affiliates. Ensure that full use is made of Oxfam’s project and advocacy portfolio, as well as other related material available for external sharing.
- Lead, advise and support Oxfam Novib and Oxfam Confederation in meeting and exceeding its institutional donor funding target. Contribute with donor intelligence on Dutch Donors to funding strategies of Oxfam Novib program teams and Oxfam country offices as part of their business plan and also lead on and contribute to the Oxfam Novib institutional funding strategy for the Donor portfolio you are responsible for;
- Contribute to the Confederation Institutional Funding Strategy. As such you will occasionally lead or coordinate institutional funding initiatives within Oxfam Novib and wider Oxfam and when applicable with other NGOs and participate in meetings when required;
- Lead on and participate in discussions and negotiations within Oxfam Novib and the wider Oxfam Confederation on Institutional Funding related issues (policy, framework, service, ways of working, strategies);
- Advise countries and Oxfam Novib program units as to how to adhere to donor requirements regarding donor fund applications and project management and to maintain up-to-date knowledge and relationships with the donor agencies. You also provide (donor compliance) quality and risk assessment advice of specific donor submissions and reports to senior management/Directors of specific submissions and reports to donors in collaboration with our colleagues of the Compliance Unit;
- Inform Oxfam Novib program teams and Oxfam offices at country level up to date about trends and other related information gathered through your partnership engagement and you represent Oxfam Novib with this donor;
- Provide support on other donor accounts when required.